Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in West Valley City during the winter time, when they’re necessary to keep you warm. While you know the team at Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning will always be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is necessary and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to realize the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to check if it kicks on.
- If everything looks correct, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning at 801-305-4777 and we’ll return your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.