People spend a lot of time on their smart phones, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. Your personal smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. You can use it to control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
Technology can be hard to keep up with, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected. Connected thermostats give you the ability to control your system using a Wi-Fi connection, so you can use your smart phone from work or even vacation to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, but they can also learn your patterns and routines by knowing where you are. These thermostats can actually sense when you’re away from home and make adjustments to the temperature as needed.
There’s been quite a bit of buzz about smart thermostats over the last few years. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more popular and affordable. If you don’t have one, it’s never a bad time to start researching them and all the benefits of using them, namely the ability to closely control your home’s temperature—even when you’re away from home. Following are more benefits:
- Easy adjustments. As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home while saving money.
- Helpful reminders. In our busy lives, it’s sometimes hard to remember to plan for HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and let you know when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility. You will see that most smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide array of heating and cooling equipment, so you probably don’t have to worry about passing on a smart thermostat that you want because it’s not compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats offer many ways to help you maximize your home comfort levels and give you opportunities to lower your energy bills. Call Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning in West Valley City at 801-305-4777. We have several thermostats for you to choose from, so you should be able to find one to match your needs.