Make your life simpler—start preparing your air conditioner now before hot temperatures arrive. You can save on your utility bill this summer if your air conditioner is working at its top efficiency! If you are running your system when it needs service, you could see a dramatic jump in costs and damaging wear and tear on your air conditioner. Keep your system in top shape with at least one air conditioning service visit from your Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning professional each year. This is vital to keep your unit working for a long time to come. The technician can confirm that your unit is working correctly and look for trouble areas to head off any conceivable problems before they happen. This saves you from larger, more costly repairs.
Just some of the advantages a professional air conditioning service will provide you:
- Cooling cycle appraisal
- Replacement or cleaning air filters
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Cleaning the condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
What You Can Do to Prepare
In addition to scheduling your professional air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and all year to ensure your AC is working at peak performance.
- Clear the space around your unit. Make sure there aren’t plants growing too close to your system, which can obstruct airflow. Get rid of piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of the AC unit.
- If your outside unit was covered during the winter, don’t forget to uncover it. You can harm your system if you turn on your air conditioning with a cover, coil blanket or lid. That damage could end in major repairs or complete replacement.
Throughout the year:
- Your Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning service professional will clean or replace your filters as needed during your yearly service visit. Don’t forget to inspect your filters each month and replace them when required! Different homes have different air filter replacement needs. If you own a pet or are undergoing home renovations, you ought to change them on a more regular basis.
Make sure your air conditioning is working at its most efficient by having your ducts cleaned often. It keeps your house healthy too! If you follow these easy steps, your AC will be ready for whatever warmer temps can throw at it. To schedule your annual service, call the Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning team at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.