As we get deeper in to November and the temperature starts to drop, we’re faced with the approaching decision of when to switch over to heating our home. For some families, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with the cold quickly approaching now is the time to think about replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go kaput in the middle of the coldest day of the season.
So when it’s time to find a new furnace, how do you know which option to choose between an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no good reason for being layered up in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was going to go out.
Take a few minutes and read what both types of furnaces can offer and give us a ring at 801-305-4777 if you have any other questions.
- Up-front cost is lower than gas furnaces
- Provide more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more thorough due to dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are greater than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Less maintenance required
- Offers less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you choose, your comfort should never be compromised, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions as you go through the process, don’t hesitate giving Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning in West Valley City a call at 801-305-4777. We’re more than happy to help solve all of your furnace questions.