When it’s chilly in West Valley City you depend on your furnace to keep you warm. If it’s been a while since your system had maintenance, you could have a furnace repair soon in your future. Even if your system seems to be working well, you probably need to clean or replace your air filter. A dustry air filter can stop air flow, impact your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are plenty of reasons you could have to have a furnace repair. The sooner you can schedule a furnace repair, the better. If you observe any of the following evidence, call in an expert, like Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning.
1. Your furnace is noisy. You might have a problem if your furnace has begun running loudly or making noises that are unfamiliar.
2. Your blower isn’t operating properly. Is it running for the right amount of time? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem less powerful? You may have something wrong with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Have you increased the temperature again and again but aren’t feeling any difference? This could signal a few particular problems. It could be an issue with your thermostat. It may be something to do with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t large enough for your home.
4. Your utility bill keeps increasing. Your usage isn’t changing but your bill keeps climbing. This could indicate some different problems. Your HVAC professional will help sort out what’s going awry.
5. You smell gas. This is important. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace at once and shut off its gas supply. Keep lights off and don’t use matches until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your system.
6. You find water gathering around your furnace. This is generally a clogged condensation line. It could require both plumbing and HVAC technicians to repair.
You’ll know when you should schedule furnace repair now that you’re aware of these common symptoms. The experts at Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.