Having regular air conditioning service completed at least once a year can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at peak efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the West Valley City summertime, have the specialists at Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning conduct your annual air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be finished during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Inspect for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, examine for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, recover any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, rather than illegally discharging it to the atmosphere.
- Look for correct airflow in the system.
- Confirm the right electric control sequence to make sure of proper sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Inspect the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters frequently is essential. That’s because nothing else that easy can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to operate at a high level of efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it frequently. We advise taking a look at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will depend on individual factors in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning today at 801-305-4777.