Summer is here! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To boost your comfort and actually relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a fun summer in West Valley City is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning constantly recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner running in the heat.
- First, another time to recall the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter routinely! Replace the filter according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold season. Starting your air conditioner before removing the cover can ultimately damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s operations. cut the grass, remove any debris and eliminate overgrowth that blocks your unit before you turn it on this summer. remember to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you want it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These simple steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If you would like to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning in West Valley City at 801-305-4777 today.