You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to keep comfortable no matter the weather. While it might not be the initial thing that comes to your mind, getting an annual furnace service is a fantastic way to keep from spending too much on your utility bills and now is the ideal time to get that scheduled. The pros at Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning have compiled some tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we previously mentioned, furnace service can help save you a number of ways. It can help you identify small problems before they become large problems, and it can help make sure your system is running at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Changing the temperature on your thermostat several degrees can make a big change on your energy bill. It doesn’t take long for those savings to really add up. If you’re having difficulty getting accustomed to the present temperature, try modifying it gradually, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will easily adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most effortless and most valuable things a homeowner can do. A dirty filter will keep air from passing through effortlessly, which will cause your system to work harder, which drives up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors could be the reason you’re losing both heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are fantastic ways to fix drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning technician is over for your yearly furnace service, inquire about the efficiency level of your unit. They can assist you in deciding if it is time to look into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without hindering your comfort.
There isn’t a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are additional ways to save money, but hopefully this will be the jumpstart you need. If you need to schedule your annual furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 801-305-4777.