One of the most critical parts of the winter is staying comfortable and warm. Of course, staying comfortable is critical throughout the year, but during the chilly season it is even more crucial. Winters in West Valley City are unpredictable and the frostiest days can often appear on us, sometimes when your furnace is not ready. So, before you call in an expert technician, here are a few things you can inspect first:
- Check your filter – grimy filters are one of the most common causes of sudden furnace failures. Air has a more challenging time traveling through filters once they are grimy or dirty, causing the system to shut down often times. The older the furnace, the harder it might be to notice the problem, while newer furnaces are created to point out clogged and dirty filters before further issues arise. Swapping furnace filters every month or so can prevent these issues and keep you comfortable.
- See if your batteries are weak or dead – keep constant tabs on your thermostat batteries to ensure that there isn’t a flashing low battery light or sign on your thermostat. If there is, it’s time to switch out the batteries on your thermostat.
- Ensure that your thermostat is set to “heat” – it can be easy to forget little things like the settings of your thermostat. Verify this crucial step, especially if there was a relevant spike in temperature that may have caused you to change the “heat” setting.
- Check your switches – in your home’s circuit breaker panel, discover the breakers that operate your furnace:
- [Ensure|Guarantee|Confirm]48] that the switch is in the On spot. If it is Off or in the middle of the two spots, change the breaker to Off and then reset it to On.
- The switch that looks like a light switch should also be in the On, or Up, side. It can definitely be misidentified as a real light switch, which is why it is usually the problem with furnace troubleshooting. Once it’s back On, the system will only require a few minutes to reboot.
Working through these steps is a straightforward and effective way of checking the efficiency of your furnace before you set-up a call to your West Valley City expert. If there are still difficulties after you have made it through these steps, you will have a much better idea on how to notify your [[technicians|specialists|experts}69] on what the problem might be. If you have questions or need to arrange a repair, call Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning in West Valley City.