Living in comfort in the summer can be taken for granted, particularly until you experience a taste of uneasiness with an air conditioner failure. It can happen at the worst moments; you’re eating lunch and suddenly feel how warm your kitchen feels or you can’t fall asleep at night because you are so warm bound in your covers. Think you’re feeling this discomfort? It might be time for an air conditioner replacement.
Usually, it isn’t the thermostat’s mistake; the settings can be operating properly, but it still states that the temperature is beyond 80 degrees. It’s often times caused by an outdated or faulty air conditioner that demands a call to the pros to find out what’s wrong. There are many causes for why air conditioners stop working, especially bearing in mind the weather in West Valley City. Here are some things that you can examine for before you call Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning if you think your air conditioner has stopped working:
- Broken outdoor fan motor: There is a fan motor on your exterior air conditioning system that helps flow the heat from your home to the outdoors. If you scrutinize your system and discover that the fan isn’t working, it means that the heat relocation isn’t happening, causing the warm air to stay in your home. This problem can also trigger overheating of the compressor and other likely internal damage to your system.
- Dirty filters: It’s one of the most familiar troubles that Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning sees. These unclean filters in your air conditioner lower appropriate airflow, affecting the air quality in your home, which is really tricky when allergy season strikes. Dirty air filters can also lower the efficiency in your home and raise your monthly energy costs.
- Blocked air flow: Always search for an barrier or blockage in your return-air or supply-air grille. This can initiate your air conditioner to waste efficiency and decelerate.
TIP: Make sure the grilles aren’t covered by furniture or other home items, as well.
- Outside obstructions: Good air flow could be also deterred from outdoor blockages near your system, such as shrubbery, trees, lawn chairs, etc. When the air flow is altered, it can affect it’s cooling abilities. Make sure that your system is uninhibited by obstacles and is cleaned regularly to reduce the chance of air conditioner replacement.
Once you’ve worked through these four system checks and your air conditioner still isn’t running, here are a list of questions and steps that you should check and answer to get your system up and working again. (Only progress to the next question if the system doesn’t turn on after doing the step before it):
- Is your thermostat temperature fixed below the indoor temperature?
- Is your system switch in the COOL position?
- Is the outdoor unit power supply switch ON?
- Is the furnace/air handler power supply ON?
- Is your house fuse box/breaker box intact or has it blown a fuse or tripped a circuit breaker?
- If none of these things alter your system procedure, call Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning at 801-305-4777.
Don’t let an air conditioner failure or replacement keep you up at night. If you follow these tips and keep your system under routine maintenance, you should have you air conditioner working again in no time. Our team at Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning in West Valley City is always here to help – give us a call at 801-305-4777.