Just like you need to take your car in to the shop for routine tune-ups, such as oil changes or looking at probable issues, your home comfort system should receive the same kind of attention. Routine maintenance by a professional technician provides various benefits to your HVAC equipment, which can help your systems perform efficiently and prevent costly breakdowns.
The cost can fluctuate depending on the equipment size and different features, so we recommend contacting Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning at 801-305-4777 to obtain a quote.
With two-stage heating, furnaces may operate on two different levels: high and low. Since you can heat your home on the low setting a lot of the time, a two-stage furnace can run longer and more efficiently. Two-stage heating also operates more quietly than traditional furnaces and can give you more even heat distribution and fewer temperature swings.
Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning offers several different brands and models that include advanced technology to help heat and cool your home more efficiently. Technology in the newer HVAC systems provides more precision when it comes to meeting your home comfort needs. If you want more information, please reach out to our experts at 801-305-4777.
Depending on how old your previous furnace was, you could experience a variety of differences. Furnaces today are created to give more even and efficient heating than ever before. Modern furnaces also better regulate temperature and air flow, moving more air over the heat exchanger than older furnaces.
Additionally, new furnaces are designed to operate with other high-efficiency HVAC products, such as air conditioners. The air conditioner blowers give your heating system an extra bump so it can deliver cool air around your home efficiently. Special features like variable speed motors will also help decrease noise associated with operating your equipment and easily meet your family's airflow needs.
The Department of Energy recently boosted the minimum efficiency levels for air conditioners, heat pumps and packaged units made after Jan. 1, 2015, since heating and cooling contributes significantly to a homes total energy usage. The requirements vary by region, so call Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning for the efficiency standards for West Valley City.
There are lots of ways to reduce your energy costs and one of the best ways is to make sure you have an energy-efficient HVAC system. Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning carries many highly efficient products that will help reduce the amount of energy you are using and save you money. In addition to searching for products that have the Energy Star® certification, high SEER ratings for air conditioners or AFUE ratings for furnaces, here are some other things to consider:
- Remember to schedule regular maintenance and have an experienced professional take a look at your system to make sure its running efficiently.
- If you have certain areas of your home that you need to heat or cool, you could consider a zoning system. This allows you to target that area and eliminates wasted energy on heating or cooling areas that aren't used.
- Programmable or smart thermostats make it easier to maintain your home comfort while not consuming energy to heat or cool your space if you aren't home. It is an easy way to lower energy costs and once you set it, you can walk away and know its going to take care of your indoor comfort.
Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning has been assisting the West Valley City community for many years and has been providing trustworthy and dependable service. Our service and the products we carry are of the highest quality and you will be satisfied with our solutions. Our experienced team is here to help you achieve your ideal home comfort.
There are four things to assess when enhancing your indoor air quality:
- The indoor air quality in your home starts to suffer when the air begins filling up with air pollutants. The biggest concern is getting rid of these pollutants. Some to-dos to add to your weekly checklist is vacuuming, washing your linens and making sure any cleaning products are stored properly.
- Especially in newer homes, the insulation is installed so well that it might be hard for these pollutants to leave the home. While it helps to keep your home warm or cool, depending on the season, its beneficial to get some fresh air inside.
- Make sure that you have good ventilation and perform routine maintenance on your system. And while that's helpful, you can also take your IAQ even further by using air filters, germicidal lights and purification systems to get rid of particles while eliminating chemical vapors.
- Smart or programmable thermostats can help control humidity levels as well as the temperature. This can help avert germs and other particles from collecting while sustaining your home comfort.
No two homes are alike, which is why we advise that you contact our pros at Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning to find out which solution will be best for your space. Our team will conduct an assessment of your current system and chat about what your ideal home comfort looks like. That will help us decide which products will be most effective.
You may be surprised to learn that air conditioners don't technically make your home cooler; they actually remove the hot air and direct it outside. This hot air moves across a refrigerant coil on the indoor unit and then is sent to the outdoor unit where it is released. Your air conditioner transfers as much hot air outside as is necessary to reach the temperature you have set on your thermostat.
Minimum energy efficiency standards vary by region. Additionally, air conditioners, heat pumps and packaged units made after Jan. 1, 2015, have higher minimum efficiency levels than equipment manufactured prior to that date. The team at Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning can help you determine the minimum requirements for West Valley City, let you know if your current systems meets those requirements or help you find a replacement air conditioner that does.
Your systems service panel has a white label on it, with your systems model and serial numbers at the top. M/N signifies the systems model number and S/N is the serial number.
Since equipment size needs vary by home, the best way to find out the correct size equipment for your home is to have a technician from Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning come out to perform load calculation tests. The tests take things like square footage, insulation value and amount, and more into account to determine your homes unique HVAC equipment needs.
Yes debris can inhibit your systems ability to function effectively. Its not uncommon for heat pumps to have frost or ice on them during the winter, but many include defrost controls so they can work efficiently regardless of the weather conditions.
When a cooling system uses two-stage cooling, it means that there are two levels of operation. This lets the system work as efficiently as possible since there is one level for milder weather and another for harsher weather that demands the system work harder. Two-stage cooling also enables almost unnoticeable temperature changes so you don't experience extreme differences in temperature. Aside from better efficiency, other benefits of two-stage cooling include quieter operation and enhanced humidity control.
When your cooling unit freezes up, there are a variety of reasons why it could be doing so. The most typical reasons include: dirty filters, low refrigerant, a dirty evaporative coil and a faulty blower motor or relay.
A dirty filter is something you can fix as a homeowner, but the others need to be completed by a professional like those at Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning. Contact them at 801-305-4777 with any further questions you may have.
Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning has a number of great thermostat options for your HVAC systems. The best thermostat for you will depend on a variety of variables, such as whether you want one that's programmable or not. No matter what kind of thermostat you'd like or if you're in the market for something that can fit with a home automation system call Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning to hear about which thermostats you can choose from. Our team will help you find one thats right for your system, your family's needs and your budget.
A heat pump can tackle both your homes heating and cooling needs, offering you one HVAC system that can be used all year. Throughout the warmer months, heat pumps act like an air conditioner, capturing the hot air from inside your home and transferring it outside; in the cooler months, this process is reversed. Heat pumps can be very energy efficient and may produce two to three times more heat than the energy used.
At Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning, we do recommend replacing both your indoor and outdoor units at the same time because:
- Outdoor systems are now built to work with their matching indoor system for maximum efficiency. When you replace one system but not the other, you may not see the same savings on your energy bills as if you had replaced them together.
- Thanks to technological improvements, newer systems mean increased efficiency. This is true for HVAC products as well. While the advancements focus on higher heating and cooling efficiency, they also include benefits such as better air handling, filtering and noise reduction.
- If your heating and cooling systems are over 10 years old, they need to be replaced. Older models have outdated technology that is likely adding to your energy costs due to poor efficiency. So by replacing your indoor system at the same time as your outdoor equipment, both your systems will provide better energy efficiency that helps you lower your energy bills and keep your home more comfortable.
Your home energy system may have a communication module that sends performance stats to an online site or portal. You can visit this to check your system's status, the amount of energy being produced and the positive effect you are having on the environment. You can also take a look at your owner's manual for suggestions on monitoring performance.
Rain will clean the modules automatically in most areas; however, if you live in a dusty area, you could see improved performance after periodically spraying the modules with water. Please note that high-pressure hoses and detergents should never be used to clean solar modules, as they can harm the product.
Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning can help recommend the right thermostat for you based on your home and current heating and cooling equipment. We offer a selection of programmable and nonprogrammable thermostats, which can help increase the efficiency of your homes furnace and/or air conditioner. View our thermostats or give us a call at 801-305-4777 for more information.
A large portion of your monthly energy bills can be attributed to your heating and cooling system. It makes sense, because our home comfort is an important aspect of our day-to-day lives. Luckily, there are high-efficiency solutions from Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning that can keep you comfortable while also lowering energy costs. When it's time for you to shop for a new HVAC system, there are a couple things to consider. You'll want to look for air conditioners with high SEER ratings and furnaces with high AFUE ratings. These ratings measure efficiency, so the larger the number the better off you'll be when it comes to saving on energy costs. You can also consider these tips:
- Keep your system operating to its best ability by booking routine maintenance. It helps uphold efficiency and make sure everything is functioning properly.
- Consider a zoning system if you only have specific rooms that need to be heated or cooled. There is no need to waste energy regulating the temperature in a room that is never, or rarely used.
- The U.S. Department of Energy indicates that programmable thermostats can save up to 35 percent on heating costs and 25 percent on cooling costs. There are a lot of programmable and smart thermostat options that are easy to use and vary in the amount of features-so you can find an solution that you are comfortable with.
A zoning system enables you to parcel your residence and heat or cool each part differently. While these systems operate well for buildings that have areas that are rarely occupied, they could also be great in situations where you and your family argue about the temperature in various areas of your house. There are a variety of additional benefits of zoning systems, like efficiency and comfort. Browse our selection of zoning systems or give Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning a ring to see how a zoning system could fit in your home.