As springtime starts, you could be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in West Valley City? Particularly if your AC equipment is newer or was running well last summer.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new car and never have to request any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioner. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving pieces. Like a automobile, it can get leaks and its moving parts can malfunction.
Having your unit checked seasonally by a Select Comfort Systems pro can help spot minor issues before they turn into large meltdowns. (And cause your air conditioning to stop running!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your cooling system is located outdoors, it’s more susceptible to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can negatively affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to service intricate internal parts.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard debris that accumulate within your equipment can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these troubles can cause higher energy consumption—and a bigger energy bill!
- It could extend your equipment’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and could even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, because you won’t have to replace your equipment as soon.
- It helps find little troubles before they turn into big, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will closely examine pieces and complete a series of air conditioning performance checks. These in-depth procedures often allow us to find problems before they turn into extensive issues that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free cooling throughout the season. After your equipment is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your unit is ready to give worry-free air. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this maintenance, your equipment is open to premature breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A premium AC service should include an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the services we’ll do:
We’ll examine the subsequent locations and parts:
- Total equipment state
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the jobs we’ll do:
- Put in new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lubricate moving pieces
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Maintenance Immediately with Select Comfort Systems
Today is the perfect time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Select Comfort Systems pros a ring at 801-305-4777 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we come to your house, make sure to browse our special offers for savings on your upcoming maintenance.