As spring begins, you could be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in West Valley City? Particularly if your AC equipment is recently purchased or was running well last year.
Here’s one way to think about it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new automobile and never expect to request any work for it, such as getting new oil or putting on new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioner. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving pieces. Like a car, it can end up with leaks and its moving components can fail.
Having your equipment checked seasonally by a Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning expert can help find minor problems before they become huge breakdowns. (And cause your system to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your air conditioner is located outside, it’s more prone to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can negatively impact your system’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to take care of delicate internal pieces.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate within your system can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these problems can cause increased energy use—and a bigger cooling bill!
- It could prolong your equipment’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and might even help it run longer. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly energy costs and in the long-term, because you won’t have to install new equipment as soon.
- It helps determine minor issues before they lead to big, costly troubles. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will closely examine components and perform a cycle of air conditioning performance tests. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to locate issues before they become major issues that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free cooling throughout the summer. After your air conditioner is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your unit is set to deliver worry-free cooling. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the smartest ways to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers expect annual maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this service, your system is open to early breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A good AC maintenance should involve an inspection and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the things we’ll perform:
We’ll examine the following areas and pieces:
- Complete equipment state
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the services we’ll do:
- Put in new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lubricate moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Tune-Up Now with Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning
Today is the best time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Select Comfort Systems Heating & Air Conditioning pros a call at 801-305-4777 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we come to your residence, be sure to browse our exclusive offers for savings on your approaching maintenance.